Are You Concerned About Your Child's Progress in School?

Parents who suspect their child has a disability are advised to contact their local school district or the Ventura County Special Education Local Plan Area (SELPA). Federal and state laws require public schools to provide free and appropriate education for children with special needs. From birth through age 21, children and young adults with disabilities may qualify for special education programs in public schools.  Special education staff will help parents identify appropriate programs based upon assessment and eligibility for services. 

SELPA is a regional planning program for children with disabilities that serves students in all local school districts  in Ventura County, the Las Virgenes Unified School District, and schools operated by the Ventura County Office of Education. If you have questions, please call the SELPA Office, at (805) 437-1560. 

Are You Concerned (English)

Are You Concerned (Spanish)

Information Alert: How to Request a Special Education Assessment for Your Child (English)

Cómo Solicitar una Evaluación Para Servicios de Educación (Especial)